For the past few weeks I had been having strong Braxton Hicks, but no real painful contractions or anything that would be real measurable. The past few pre-natal appointments I had been dilated and somewhat effaced with a little bit of progress each week. But without real contractions I figured I was going to go past my due date and would probably have to be induced. Baby G though had other plans.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Weight: According to the doctor's I've gained another pound.
Maternity clothes: Same as usual. The stomach is getting bigger, but I'm thinking the rest of me has stopped growing (thankfully).
Stretch marks/belly button: Still no stretch marks and the belly button is still in.
Baby movement: Same as before. I had a non-stress test today at the doctor's and the baby seems to be doing well.
What I miss: Not being so paranoid. Every ache/pain/cramp makes me convinced that I'm about to go into labor -which, clearly has not panned out yet.
Other: Nothing new to report.
Dr's update: I'm dilated a bit more, almost 3, and things seem to be progressing, but just not as fast as I want. At this point we're going to wait to see if I make it to my next appointment next Tuesday before we make any definite plans for our next step -so if you're paying attention baby G, you should try to make your appearance soon.
Here's this week's picture...
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Weight: According to the doctor's scale I stayed the same/lost a little. I'm hoping that means this is it until the end, but who knows.
Maternity clothes: Same as usual
Stretch marks/belly button: Still no stretch marks and the belly button still fluctuates.
Baby movement: Same as before. Same hiccups/rolls/jabs/pokes. He does seem to have a lot of quiet moments, so I hope that means he's a good sleeper!
What do I miss: My wardrobe, being able to roll over easily and sleeping through the night. I haven't been cursed with having to get up to pee 100 times a night, but I started getting really severe leg cramps that will wake me up from a deep sleep. I'm also getting weird aches and pains, which are totally normal being this far along (and this heavy), but it has made sleeping a little bit uncomfortable recently.
Other: Nothing really new to report. Just waiting for the little guy to arrive. I'm still working and my energy and enthusiasm for it has definitely diminished. I'm hoping to finish up everything on my desk and organize my projects enough so that I can go on maternity leave and not look back.
Dr's update: I'm still about 2 cm dilated, but I've thinned a bit more and am about 70% effaced. She still doesn't think I'll make it full term, but at this point with only 10 days left until my due date I wouldn't be too surprised if I did. I still don't have any real regular contractions and any cramps/contractions/pressure I do feel usually waxes and wanes throughout the day. Maybe it'll pick up soon and hopefully it means that labor will be easy.
Here's today's picture. I'm looking pretty huge. His head is down, but I don't think it's engaged yet b/c he still seems to kind of move up and down a bit (or at least his body does -maybe he's just stretching?). I'm definitely anxious to meet the little guy and maybe we will before my next update!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
- Scones from Starbucks: I don't know how much sugar (or butter) these things have, but they are delicious. I recently acquired a hard to find (may actually be out of circulation) maple oat scone c/o Huge via Denver... and it was exquisite -just as good as I remembered. It had probably been years since I've had one.
- Caramel sundaes from McDonald's: I've actually only had 2 during my pregnancy, partially because I don't go to McDonald's very often, but also because I mistakenly believed they were no longer in circulation. I discovered at the airport on my way to Florida that they did indeed exist and not only quite fantastic but also only a dollar! I forgot how good they were, and I don't think they are *that* bad for you so I'm sure I'll be eating quite a few of these during the summer (if I remember).
- Blueberry muffin from Dunkin Donuts: I've been talking about this muffin for weeks (maybe even months) and I finally indulged in one yesterday. I don't know if they're different in Chicago than they are in Boston, but it was kind of disappointing. It was much smaller than I remembered and not quite as buttery. Maybe I'll have to try another Dunkins. :)
- Jellybeans/Easter Candy: This is something I've been indulging in without abandon already. I'm trying to keep it down to 1 "serving" (i.e. pig out) a day and for the most part it's worked, but it's been tough going. The unfortunate part is that there is no nutritional value in this splurge -it's all sugar, but it's been fun.
- French fries: This hasn't been quite as bad as the sweet stuff since I generally only get them with a meal (not as a snack), but I've definitely been opting for fries instead of salad or veggies as a side throughout this pregnancy.
- Chips: This one was terrible for awhile, but gave way once my sweet tooth took over.
- Cookies/Dessert: I was actually out of control for awhile -so much so that I needed to give up cookies for Lent in order to break free. This pregnancy has really exacerbated my sweet tooth.
So there you have it, a list of my indulgences that have plagued me throughout this pregnancy and probably will continue to do so for at least a little while longer. The time will come soon enough where I'll have to get back to working out and eating like a normal person, but for now, I plan on having some fun! Just remind me that I consciously decided to do this when I'm moaning about all the extra weight I have to lose once this baby comes!
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Weight: Still gaining. According to doctor's scale I'm up 2 lbs and I think it's about the same at the home scale. I've officially broken 45 lbs. yikes.
Maternity clothes: Same as usual
Stretch marks/belly button: No stretch marks and the belly button is still fluctuating. I have however discovered I have cellulite. I know that this shouldn't be so earth shattering especially since I've gained 45 lbs, but even for a kind of chubby girl I never had cellulite before (unless I squished my fat together), but now I think I'm starting to get it. Sigh. I'm hoping once I pop the baby out and lose the weight the cellulite will go away.
Baby Movement: Same as before. Lots of stretching and rolling. He's been getting the hiccups pretty regularly as well, which is always reassuring.
What do I miss: Still walking with a limp and although I don't think I'm quite waddling yet, it's definitely uncomfortable to stand or walk for long periods of time. I also miss being able to walk briskly. I have become a s-l-o-w walker due to the discomfort and I am not used to it at all. I enjoy walking with a purpose!
Other: The last few days have been the first where I'm feeling done with being pregnant. I have been lucky that since about week 16/17 I have been feeling pretty good and not too bogged down by pregnancy ailments. However, the last few days have brought on the fatigue, backaches, soreness and cramps almost full time and I could really do without all of it. I'm also still working, but my head is not in it 100%. I need to get cracking on a plan for when I'm on leave, but somehow the days keep getting busier and busier with less and less getting done on my to-do list!
Dr's update: So my doctor cracks me up. She told me today how I have a "beautiful cervix"! I love it. Only she could say it with a straight face and mean it. Anyway, I'm almost 2 cm dilated and about 50% effaced... Granted I could be like that for weeks, but we both have a feeling I'll go before my due date. She said for a first time mom that's a lot of progress and the cramps/contractions I've been feeling seem to be working.
Here's the picture of the week. I always am a little surprised when I see how big my belly is. I think it also looks a lot bigger this week because the little guy changed positions so his butt is more in front rather than to the side as it has been. The bump isn't as wide and is more long now. Still can't tell if I've "dropped", but his head is definitely down.