Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Frustrated!

Argh. Frustrated…

So last week (or so) I discussed my desire to get healthy and fit. And in the process I wanted to lose weight. Specifically to get to my goal weight of 133 by my trip to Japan on April 1st. This was a reasonable goal as it came out to be about 10 lbs in about 11 weeks. Well I’m here to check in and tell you I’m 3 pounds FURTHER from my goal. It is so frustrating and not at all what I wanted. Part of my frustration stems from the fact that I am a slow loser yet I am a very fast gainer. In a one week gain I can undo 2 or 3 weeks of loss.

So today I recommit… to focusing on my goals and taking steps to attain them. I’ve incorporated exercise back into my routine, but my eating can still be better. I need to make sure not only that I’m not eating too much, but that I’m eating the right things. Sticking to a low cal diet/points range doesn’t do any good if it consists of chips and candy. I need to fuel my body with the right things.

So… my goal for next week –take off the weight I put on this week. And to make mindful choices about the food I’m eating. I’ll check back in and let you know how I’m doing!

A quote from Maria Robinson:
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment