Monday, May 10, 2010

Survived week 1

As most people know my husband (Huge) is away for 6 weeks attending a conference/training seminar in Massachusetts. Coming from a long distance relationship, we're not completely new to this seperation/time apart, but for me it is inconvenient. There are many things that Huge does on a regular basis that I have come to enjoy (and expect). One of which, is his skill in the kitchen. Most days during the week, Huge is in charge of cooking dinner (and usually has it ready by the time I get home -I know, I am very spoiled). So with Huge being away, I have had to take over this task for myself...

As most of you know, when Huge cooks dinner, he cooks dinner. It's not a frozen meal or prepackaged dinner, it's an honest to goodness well-rounded meal. And as most of you know, I am not a cook... frozen meals and prepackaged dinners are kind of my staple. And well-rounded meals? That's not really a requirement for me... a box of mashed potatoes or hummus can pass as a full meal for me! (that sound was the sound of my husband crying over my food choices).

Anyway, as the title says, I survived my first week alone. I also managed to cook last week. I did go out to dinner once, but that was it and I didn't order take out or delivery. However, I did only cook dinner once... and then proceeded to eat it every day for 6 days (and yes, that last day was probably a little iffy). For me it was totally fine, but I do know most would be appalled at eating the same meal for 6 days straight.

So moral of the story -I should cook more than once a week and try to have more well-balanced meals :) Luckily, this week I don't have to worry too much because I have some fabulous girl friends coming to visit which means lots of fabulous places to go out and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment