Monday, June 14, 2010

Detox needed asap.

Wow, it was another whirlwind weekend.

Friday night I went bowling w/ work. It ended up being a lot of fun –work people tend to be more fun outside of work! But I bowled pretty terribly –we played 2 games and I got 100 (exactly) both times. I also ended up staying out until 1 am! My plan was to have 3 drinks and that obviously was not a plan I stuck to. Anyway, while bowling my boss thought it would be fun to use some reverse motivation. Our team decided that for every pin left in your frame, you had to do one push up and if you got a strike then everyone else had to do one push up. Well as you can tell from my 100 score, I left a lot of pins up, which means I had to do a lot of push ups! It was actually pretty funny, but my arms were definitely sore after.

Saturday morning I went to a weight class at the gym and he concentrated on push ups! My arms were shaking after the first set! It was definitely a good class and one I should do more often because I am still sore today. Saturday afternoon I ran some errands and made cookies and pasta salad for my friends’ block party. It ended up being a good time, but the weather didn’t really cooperate with the on and off rain as well as the cool temperatures.

Sunday was a pretty lazy day but then I went to the Cubs/Sox cross-town classic. That was a lot of fun and I got my first experience in the bleacher seats at Wrigley! The weather held up for most of the game and it didn’t start raining until the 8th inning and then about 2 minutes from my front door it started to pour!

Anyway, obviously the weekend has been busy and food and booze filled… I really need to think about this detox. Maybe starting today?

No comments:

Post a Comment