Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Food binge

Today was one of those days where I was hungry -like a bottomless pitt. And when I wasn't hungry, I was still eating -not a good combination. It's no secret that I am trying to lose weight. I wouldn't say that I am being super proactive about it, but it's still something I am trying to get around to doing -especially those last 10 pounds (ok, fine, it's more like 15, but I'd settle for 10).

Over the last few months I've tried to eat a little bit healthier, eat a little bit less and exercise a little bit more. For the most part I've been successful and I've lost about 12-15 lbs (depending on the day I way myself. haha). I actually weigh less than my drivers license, although I guess that's not a huge accomplishment considering I didn't lie on my license and it wasn't that long ago. Anyway, I digress. Over the last few months (ok, fine, more like almost a year), I've been working on losing a bit of the chub and have succeeded a little bit. But it's been frustrating and slow. So you would think that I would know better... show a little bit more restraint and not just throw it all away. I have totally BINGED! And to be honest, I don't usually. Yes, sometimes I eat more than I should or eat more junk than I should, but today has been a non stop eating fest and it has been out of control. Here is a run down of what I ate today:
-oatmeal w/ peanut butter for breakfast (good -nice and healthy)
-asian chicken lettuce wrap, potato and leek soup and watermelon for lunch. (probably could have done without the soup, but still, not too bad)
-baked lays and dried fruit for a snack
And then this is where it goes all downhill... After the chips and dried fruit I ate: an apple, yogurt w/ honey and flax, 5 girl scout cookies, a stuffed cabbage leaf, nacho cheese doritoes, a slice of cheese, an entire Hershey chocolate bar, raspberries, 2 triscuts and a glass of wine.

SO ya... today has not been a good day. And to top it all off I just weighed myself and saw a number I have not seen in a very long time. I am slightly depressed about this -especially considering the fat weekend of overly indulgent foods I'm about to have. Sigh... and this is why I've been chubby for so long. Do you think my hour of yoga burned any of this off??

No comments:

Post a Comment