Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Week 14/15

My plan was to try to do a pregnancy update once a week, but clearly that's not happening... maybe once I start having more interesting updates I will.

I am currently in week 15 -I am 14weeks and 3 days pregnant. The math kind of confuses me, but I guess it's semantics. The baby is a size of a navel orange this week, which seems pretty big to me. I'm definitely starting to show a bit more, but I'm still just mostly feeling thick. I'm not quite big enough for maternity clothes, but definitely too big for my regular pants. I've been wearing them all unbuttoned with a belly band over it. All my shirts are still fitting, but I'm not sure how much longer that will last. Thankfully the morning sickness is over and I really only get nauseous if I go too long without eating. I'm trying to eat on a schedule, but I also am trying not to gain 50+lbs... so we'll see how that goes. My reaction to sugar has stuck around, but it's definitely not as bad. Sweets leave a bad taste in my mouth and my stomach isn't super happy, but I no longer feel like I'm going to spontaneously vomit from it.

Other than that, I'm starting to feel more like myself. I'm still going to bed ridiculously early and getting a lot of sleep, but I no longer feel like death warmed over. We also bought a doppler -a very unnecessary purchase, which stemmed from an incident a few weeks ago (that I have totally recovered from), but since I was unwilling to march myself to the doctor and insist they check to make sure everything was still in order, Huge decided the next best thing was to order a doppler for home. I guess until we can feel the baby move to reaffirm it's presence the doppler is a nice way to hear what's going on with the little bugger.

Even though I know I'm pregnant, it still feels kind of surreal. I'd love to feel the baby move and maybe feel more of a connection to it. I've started to plan for the baby (called insurance and started looking for day care options), but it still feels pretty surreal. I definitely haven't gotten that "nesting" urge and for the most part think that we'll just figure it out when the time comes. I'm not sure that's the best way to prepare, but I do think it's a good attitude! So we'll see what the next few weeks bring.

For some reason these pictures are minuscule, but this is last week and this week's "bump". You can see it growing, but you would still have to wonder if it was too many slices of pizza or an actual baby going on in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment