Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 29-30 -beached whale returns

Well hello! This week's post is a little late since I spent last weekend in sunny Florida. Not to rub it in, but the weather was gorgeous! While Chicago dealt with some extra snow and below freezing temperatures, the land of the retired (Naples) was sunny with temperatures in the high 70's/low 80's every day. Sigh, it was nice to get away and hanging out with old people wasn't so bad. I think I could do this retirement thing!
So this week's update:
Weight: Just over 30 lbs (I believe I'm at 31ish).
Maternity Clothes: I'm doing almost all maternity clothes except for pj's/bottoms with elastics. My t-shirts are getting pretty snug/not fitting at all so needless to say when I go work out, I am h-o-t.
Stretch Marks: Nope and my belly button is still in.
Baby Movements: He's pretty active but I can feel him best when I'm laying down or reclining. Much to my mother's chagrin he was pretty uncooperative in moving when she was around to feel it. I guess he was just really relaxed in Florida!
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing... still eating a lot of sweets.
What do you miss: I'm starting to feel uncomfortable when sleeping or sitting for long periods of time. My tailbone/hips are definitely expanding/moving so things are starting to get uncomfortable.
Other: Nothing really else to report. I'm definitely getting giant, which is funny because I pretty much feel ok so I kind of forget how enormous I am until I catch a glimpse of my reflection -and then it's like *bam*, who's that fat lady! I have about 10 weeks left, so I fluctuate between thinking that's a whole heck of a lot of time to thinking that it's not really enough. I'm feeling pretty good about things and not really freaked out about the actual baby, but more about the logistics -child care, costs, school, work schedules etc.. So maybe it's misdirected anxiety? Who knows. I'm also a little anxious to get our child care classes done, but we didn't sign up for those until March. I'm hoping this weekend to work some more on the baby's room and wash/organize his clothes so I'll update with pictures when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment