Friday, September 30, 2011

When September ends.

Today is the last day of the month and I successfully completed my September challenge. In an effort to get some of my junky eating under control, I decided not to eat any cookies in September. Now before you go applauding me for reaching my goal, I need to point out that I wrote COOKIES, not cake, not sweets, not dessert... it was a very specific thing* that I cut out. But I'm not going to lie, it was sometimes tough as I developed quite a sweet tooth while pregnant and the cookies at work are abundant and delicious. So now my question is, what should I do for October? I'm planning on making an honest effort to last the last few lbs and I'm going to start working out a few days a week (starting Monday) with a friend... .so should I cut something else out? Or just let my working out be the challenge for October?

*Obviously I don't like to set my goals too high. Or make too many changes.**
**Again, remind me of this when I complain about how long it's taking me to lose the weight.

In other (non-related) news. It's almost October! How did that happen? The time is just flying by and I can't handle it. I saw my first Christmas decoration at the store this week... that seems a little early to me. This is the first year we won't be travelling for Christmas so I'm going to have to do something great or start some fantastic tradition this year (although, let's be honest, Callan isn't going to remember so if it doesn't work out this year, we can just switch it next year).

This past weekend we had Callan's christening. We had both sets of grandparents and aunts/uncles in town. It was great to see everyone, but it made for a hectic couple of days as everyone tried to squish as much Callan time in as possible. Callan was such a trooper and put up with everyone and did pretty well even though he was off of his schedule. This is one of my favorite pictures from the baptism. His christening gown was made by a family friend of my mom's and was gorgeous (albeit very ornate). Callan was not in the best mood at this point as he had missed a nap and was probably a bit hungry and hot so his expression in the picture is priceless.



He was in a much better mood after he changed back into his regular clothes and it was nice to take some family pictures. (Huge's family)

 (my family)


And in even more unrelated news, it was confirmed by our families that Callan is the best (and cutest). Although I do think that we may have a bit of a biased pool of judges... hm... there may be grounds for a recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment