It's a few days into the new year and it's time to set my new year's resolutions! Let's see, last year I recapped my 2010 goals and set new ones for 2011 -so let's keep the tradition alive and do it again!
1. Working out -hm, I wrote that I planned on sticking with it and to run a half marathon or two that year. I honestly don't even remember that being a goal of mine (especially considering I was making that a goal of mine this year!), but needless to say, I didn't run any races. I'm going to pretend it's because I had a baby this year instead (and don't they say giving birth is like running a marathon?), but it is probably more because I didn't remember even having that goal!
2. Lose the weight -I talked about losing the baby weight and I can say that I successfully did that. I gained an incredible amount of weight (50+lbs) and came very close to hitting the 200 lb mark!, but by Dec 31st, I had successfully lost all the baby weight.
3. Hobby -ya, there was no hobby last year...
4. Organize my house -this is an ongoing goal... and most of the time I'm on the losing end. But, I'm going to just blame my husband for this... he is a slob!
So those were my 2011 goals and I would say I did about half of them (sort of?). Now on to 2012! I'm a few days behind, but my goals for this year are very similar to last year.
1. Work out! Or get back to running.
My goal is to run half marathon this year. I've talked about it a lot (and even more than I remember since it was a goal last year), but this is the year I actually do it. I'm sure I'll update you on it and if I see you in real life I'll probably talk about it a lot... so humor me and tell me how big of an accomplishment this will be. As part of this plan I figure I can commit to working out 3 times a week and attending hot yoga once a week.
2. Lose weight! Or finally get to my goal weight.
I'm hoping that training and running this half marathon will help with this goal, but I'm sort of remembering how running turns me into a ravenous beast, so I'll have to figure out a way to not allow running from preventing me from reaching this goal (I am SOO close -and it's only Jan 4th -I have a whole year ahead of me!).
3. Organize my house! Or finally start living like an adult.
This is the term I use when I'm complaining to Huge about the state of our house -we need to start living like adults. I shouldn't have to step over a pile of laundry to get to the bathroom (not that I do now...) but we need to seriously purge and organize our house. An organized house leads to an organized life.
4. Stop stressing about work! Or work less.
I'm sure this doesn't need explanation. I would just like to work regular hours. And not feel like logging off at midnight is slacking (it's not in a normal world).
I think that's it. Oh ya, and this:
Although, I think I can already check that one off my list!
Am I missing anything? What else should I work on this year?