Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 1 of c210k (again)

So way back when I started the C210K program and to date, this has been the most popular post of all time -even with all the adorable photos I post of my munchkin (and me), more people are interested in this running program. So I figure I should update everyone since I'm starting this again. I actually signed up for a half marathon in June and need to start training. I keep forgetting that it's been a long time since I've run and that I'm going to need more than a few weeks to get in shape for this! So I went on my first run two weekends ago past and I started with day 1 of the program, but modified it a bit by jogging during some of the walking intervals so overall I did 3.35 miles -not too shabby for my first run in over a year. Of course I didn't do my second run until this past weekend (4 miles of running/walking) so if I'm planning on really doing this I'm going to have to pick up the pace and run more than once a week!

So the program overall is 13 weeks and I have 15 weeks until the race, but I'm skipping ahead a few weeks to where the walking intervals are shorter and the running ones are longer. I'm going to modify it a bit to make sure I'm getting the distance in and I'm hoping I'll survive my first half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment