Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Biggest Loser

Wow, first of all, it's been a L-O-N-G time since I blogged... but, onto the actual reason I'm posting. Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last night? I'd be interested to see what people thought.

I will say, I'm a big fan of the show. I think it's great that people become motivated to change their lives, b/c these people aren't chubby, they're actually unhealthy. BUT, there are two things that really irk me about the show. First, all these people come on and tell you how determined they are and how they don't quit, etc, etc... but if that was REALLY true... wouldn't they not be in the dire situation they are in now? If they are so motivated to change their lives, wouldn't they already have made that first step? I mean, I have to go back to the fact that these people aren't overweight, they are very, very large and very, very unhealthy. Second, why does EVERYONE have to cry?!? And a lot... I realize that this is hard and this is going to be really life changing, but can we stop with the waterworks? I think it annoys me more than anything else on the show. Oh, and why is everyone so SHOCKED when they step on the scale for the first time... did you expect to be 150? I'm so confused by that...

Also, this year... the contestants are really big. When you're making the people who are 250 lbs look small, you know there's a problem. And I should say that I am not obese, but I am also no super model... I've got weight to lose so I definitely understand the struggle... but I also don't understand how people let themselves get to be that large. There's a difference between being heavy set (and maybe that's your body type) to being 400 lbs...

No comments:

Post a Comment