Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 26/27

I'm a little behind this week on the update, but the pictures is from yesterday. I am getting big... and I'm starting to feel pregnant. Silly considering I'm nearing the end (almost), but up until this point I haven't really felt pregnant. Bending over to put on my socks and tie my shoes is getting to be a little bit harder and I'm trying to learn to maneuver around the belly. I also have to remember to stop eating so much... I'm definitely getting full faster and when I'm really full it is much, much more uncomfortable. By the end of the day my skin feels so stretched out and it hurts. I know if I eat less at one time it'll help, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
So here's the standard questionnaire:
Weight: Hey, good news, I didn't gain full pounds this week. I'm hoping it continues and maybe I did all my weight gaining in the second trimester and it calms down for my third. I'm taking this small victory but I'm not quite chalking it up to be a trend (just yet).
Maternity clothes: Still the same
Stretch marks: none
Baby Movements: He's pretty active, but not continuously throughout the day. I usually feel him in the morning right after breakfast and then in the afternoon and then right around bed time. I can feel him the best when I'm lying down, but I think if I concentrate I can feel him move around more. He's definitely getting stronger and bigger, but I still haven't seen any discernible body parts (although it might still be too early for that).
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing although I'm still eating a lot of sweets.
What do you miss: Being able to walk briskly and/or run. If I do either of those things my stomach/lower abdomen start to really ache and rebel. I've been doing the elliptical a few times a week and that seems to be ok, but running and brisk walking do not mesh well with me.
Other: My belly button is still in, but it's getting quite shallow and wide. Huge has a bet with me that it's going to pop out by January 27th... I'm hoping it stays in a little bit longer, but we'll see. I feel like my stomach is growing every day so it could be sooner rather than later.
Also, I've realized that baby G is going to be here before you know it. I'm trying to prepare myself in case he comes early, so I gave myself a 36 week date -but that's only 9 weeks away. I really need to get cracking on getting things ready. I'm hoping he comes on time or even a little late as 12-15 weeks sounds like a much better time frame for things... because 9 weeks is not a lot of time! (although, considering the size of my belly, maybe shaving a few weeks off will be good...)

No comments:

Post a Comment