Monday, October 26, 2015

Pumpkins in the Park 2015

Oh hey guys, Happy Monday! Guess what I did this weekend? Well, one of the things I did. I went for a run! Ha, it probably doesn't seem so newsworthy, but this was the first organized run I've done in a long time. It was only a 5k, but considering I haven't run in forever, this seemed like a big accomplishment. I was never concerned about not finishing, but considering it was the most I had run this month I'm pretty proud of myself -although slightly concerned about how my quads still hurt today. Anywho... it was a lovely day for a run and I got to it with some lovely ladies. The best part was probably the (pre and) post race drinks and going out to a bar on a Saturday night in running wear (so comfy)! I may even be crazy enough to do it again... although next time I do think I'll train (or you know, do a few laps before the run).


In other weekend news, the kiddos test drove their Halloween costumes and their trick-or-treating skills at the Halloween event on Southport. It was a gorgeous day and the kids loved seeing all the fun costumes. Huge is gone for actual Halloween so it was nice to do a little holiday stuff as a family.



No comments:

Post a Comment