Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Back to reality...

So I've been back for over a week now and guess how many pictures I've downloaded from my camera? What's that you say, did I even take pictures? Why yes, I did! I know, shocking, but I did. Not surprisingly, my husband has put up his pictures... and after seeing his, I'm not sure I need to put up mine! But I will b/c I'm pretty sure he's not the only one with an artistic eye (haha). So until I get my act together feel free to peruse his photos and drool over the food we ate!

So what else can I tell you before I forget? Oh our day trip to Kofu.
The friend we were fortunate enough to hook up with during our first few days in Tokyo is from a smaller town/city north of Tokyo near Mt. Fuji, who happened to be going home for the second weekend of our trip and invited us to show us around. After spending a lot of time in Tokyo we figured it would be a great opportunity to see a place off the beaten path and to get a guided tour of it. The area is also known for their wine (I know, who knew Japan had wine), and our guide's family happened to own one of the major vineyards and labels.

While in Kofu we got to taste some of their wines and hang out in the quaint city. There isn't a whole lot to see, but it was fun to get out and away from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo.

Ok, I need to get cracking on getting my pictures uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment