Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer!

Hello internet -it's been awhile. I know... there always seem to be a lag b/w posting, but I promise I'm going to try to be better... I just need something to write about!

Anyway nothing crazy has been going on with me... I had a personal issue that I've been sorting through for the last few weeks, but I think that's all past me now. So moving on, that's really all the news I have.

Actually that's a lie. 2 weekends ago, 2 girlfriends of mine from Boston came to visit and boy did we have fun (and cause a little trouble!). We had a jam packed weekend trying to fit all the highlights of Chicago in a weekend. I think we were pretty successful. We went to a Cubs game of Friday afternoon and after a few beers (or 5, whatever) we went bar hopping in Wrigley. Now if you are from Chicago or have ever visited Chicago during a Cubs game, you know that Wrigley can get a little wild. And some of the bars are more geared for the young crowd... neither one of those things stopped us and we went on to harrass a few boys and surprisingly no one seemed to mind (and I'm sure most of them welcomed/enjoyed the extra attention from us!).
Yup, this pretty much sums up our weekend! haha.

Anyway, after the festivities of Friday, Sat. was a much quieter day with a leisurely lunch, manicure and pedicure and then a late dinner and an even later show at Second City. The show at Second City was a lot of fun -it's definitely one of those things that I don't do very often, but when I go, I always wish I did more frequently. If you are ever in town and enjoy improv/sketch comedy, then I would recommend getting a ticket for Second City. It does however sell out (or at least the earlier shows -we had to get tickets for the 11 pm show), so reserve a ticket early. Sunday was a quick breakfast of waffles and then the ladies left.

The following week (last week) my mom came into town and we had a very relaxing and fun time together...

So that brings you up to date (for the most part). Now that the weather is turning nicer, it finally feels like summer! Summer in Chicago is the best... I'll keep you aprised of any high jinx that happen ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment