Tuesday, November 13, 2012

18 month well baby and other updates

Callan had his 18 month doctor appointment last week and the doctor validated everything we already knew. He's growing bigger and stronger every day. Although he didn't grow too much (only about an inch), he continues to be off the charts for height at 35.5 inches. He also gained another few pounds and is 27 pounds, 2 ounces, but that still keeps him in the 70th percentile. And his head at 19 inches, continues strong in the 60-70th percentile.



In other updates, my second pregnancy is chugging along at kind of an alarmingly fast rate. Obviously I've got Callan, Huge and the pending move keeping me busy, but I remember the last pregnancy going so.much.slower. This time, not so much... I'm already 20 weeks in (which means, um, hello, I'm halfway done!). This kid has already fallen victim to second kid syndrome and not nearly as many pictures have been taken to document their (short) existence. Anyway, for those of you asking, here's my 20 week picture (for reference, here's my picture from the last time). I'm feeling like I've popped, but now that I look at this picture, maybe not so much. Although, this is what you get for squeezing your 20 week pregnant self into your pre-pregnancy clothes. I'm starting off smaller than I did at my last pregnancy so my maternity clothes don't really fit me yet, but I should probably give this baby some room to breathe. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and buy a couple pairs of pants. I'm sure I can make do with the shirts I have until I fit into my maternity ones, but the pants are starting to be a struggle.



Anyway, I planned on doing lots more updates -like about the first trimester (cliffs notes edition: the first trimester was terrible... lots of nausea, puking and general feeling of blah but the second has been much better) -but at this point it seems moot. My energy (and appetite) are back, so I'm hoping the rest of this is smooth sailing. And for those of you keeping track, yes, the 20 week mark is when you get your big ultrasound. We will be finding out again so stay tuned. Our ultrasound is next week so we'll know by then (hopefully) whether this little nugget is a boy or girl!

2 comments:

  1. You look great! Excited to hear whether Callan will get to dote on a baby brother or sister. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes really well!

    ReplyDelete