Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 17/18

I have officially hit the 10 lb mark in weight gain... this feels like it should be momentous, but considering it is probably only a fraction of what I'm going to gain (I'm still less than 1/2 way there) I probably shouldn't get too worked up over it. I did mention to my doctor last week my nervousness about my recent weight gain, but for some reason her chart has my weight at 8 weeks about 10 lbs higher than what I do, so by her records I haven't gained any weight. I definitely feel like I'm cheating the system, but I guess if she's not worried, then I won't be either. Jokes on her when I arrive at my next appointment another 10 lbs heavier! ha ha -ok, I guess the joke would be more on me, but you get the idea.

I think I'm finally in maternity pants -they're still a bit too big for me and a little saggy in the waist/hips/upper thighs, but most of my regular pants were crying uncle. My bump may not be growing out, but I'm definitely growing wider.

No new ailments to speak of this week. I'm definitely in that honeymoon phase and most everything is status quo. I'm still not sure if I've felt the baby move. Sometimes at night there are these twinges that *could* be the baby, but it could just be me digesting dinner... I've noticed an increase in my appetite recently (also corresponding to this weight gain), but I haven't had any real cravings or aversions since I kicked my sugar problem.

Here's the picture for the week. It's getting bigger, I mean it's definitely there, but just not super prominent. I'm waiting until it looks like I swallowed a beach ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment