Friday, March 15, 2013

Week 37 -full term (already?!?)

Wowsers, I'm full term already. How did that happen?

Weight: I've hit 40 lbs... I've always been an overachiever (at least when it comes to weight).
Maternity Clothes: Yup and the shirts are getting s-h-o-r-t. You'll see in the picture below that unless my pants have a full belly panel, there's a possibility of feeling a draft on the bottom of my belly. I'm still in my puffy coat though. Good thing I decided this was the last year for it because the zipper is getting tested on a daily basis.
 
Stretch marks/belly button: No stretch marks, but the belly button threatens to pop out permanently. Right now it still wavers.
 
Baby Movements: She has gotten into a nice comfy head down, spine out position (perfect for delivery). She's still pretty active and lots of kicks to the ribs.
 
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing new to report. Although my appetite has definitely diminished. I used to eat like a truck driver (or a high school football player), but recently I've had to remind myself to eat a proper meal (somehow I don't forget to eat my daily share of candy).

What I miss: I miss being able to walk briskly for long periods of time. Going to the store seems like a long trek. There's also lots of Braxton Hicks and pelvic pressure which make walking briskly somewhat challenging.
 
Other: We had our 36 week ultrasound, which confirmed baby G's head down position. She also was measuring at an estimated size of 6 lbs 11 oz (about 70th percentile). Interestingly enough, Callan was 6 lbs 8 oz at his growth ultrasound appointment (I also wore the same shirt in that week's picture and I'm definitely more giant this time around). It also looks like I've dropped and the swelling has started. It's not too terrible, but it's definitely starting. I'm also slightly dilated (almost 2cm) and slightly effaced (50%), which was again where I was last time around so we are right on track.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment