Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas follow up

So I received some money for Christmas and am having a hard time figuring out what to spend it on. I know I don't need to spend it all now, but I like to spend Christmas money on things -since it is a present.

I splurged and bought myself a really nice flat iron. I currently have a cheap $20 conair flat iron that doesn't really do a whole lot and mostly just makes my hair warm. It is actually the bane of my existence. So on the recommendation of my sister-in-law I splurged on a Sedu flatiron -I'm hoping it's all I dream of and more, especially since I currently despise how my hair looks when I don't bother to blow dry it straight, which is currently 95 -99% of the time! Definitely more than my old $20 iron and definitely a bit of a splurge, but if it makes me like my hair 95-99% of the time, then it will be worth every penny. And I was able to use some Christmas money, so it was like someone else bought it for me!

But what else should I do with my money? I want a new pair of wellies as my current pair are pretty uncomfortable to walk in. I know Hunter boots are the creme de la creme, but I have a hard time shelling out $150 for rubber boots. Should I just bite the bullet and do it since I know they'll last? Or should I be a little bit more reasonable and get something else? In the same line, I've been debating the whole Tory Burch Reva flat thing. For a long time I despised them w/ the enormous buckle/logo-but there is a cute pair that caught my eye that has a black logo so it's a little bit more subtle.
Do you agree? Less obnoxious, right? But are they really that comfortable? Are they worth it? I figure once I get really pregnant (and fat) I won't be able to wear my heels out at night and these are dressy enough, but do I really need them? Or should I look for a cheaper alternative?

Help -I've never had a problem spending money shopping... but I need some ideas, what should I do with my Christmas money?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment