Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Week 23/24

Hey guess what time it is -weekly pregnancy update! I didn't do one last week because it was Christmas and, well, I was just lazy. I kind of wish I took a picture though, but ce la vie.

Weight: Are you shocked? I'm up some more! haha, it's actually kind of frightening, but I am up A LOT. I'm trying to blame it on the regular holiday food binge that everyone (pregnant or not) succumbs to, but let's be honest, the number on the scale is not pretty. I'm up overall around 22/23 lbs... so definitely gaining too quickly and I'm hoping to scale it back a bit. Hopefully once I stop my thrice daily desserts this should even out a bit (*fingers crossed*). I've also come to the sad realization that my belly is not all baby. When I stand or lie down it looks just pregnancy related, but when sitting I'm noticing that some of the overhang is pinchable and it is really just a layer of fat -a glorified spare tire *sigh*. I've also realized that most of the weight from this pregnancy is settling between my armpits and ankles... as in I am getting big all over. My bewbs have grown (again -I'm already out of the new bras I bought a few months ago) and my legs, although never slender, are now just downright thick -they more resemble tree trunks than anything you'd see gracing a cover of a magazine (other than maybe the worst beach bods edition).

Maternity clothes: No change, still in maternity pants as my legs are also growing along with my belly, but I can get away with pants w/ elastic waists and longer regular tops. Most maternity tops are still too big on me.

Stretch marks: Nope (thank goodness!)

Baby Movements: Yes, still moving (yea!). Although I'm only feeling him really low. I don't know if it's due to how the baby's lying or my placenta or the extra layer of fat I have, but it's kind of odd since I expected him to have moved up a bit. I'll have to ask my doctor about it next week.

Cravings/Aversions: I'm eating a lot of sweets, but I don't know if that's an actual pregnancy craving or just due to me eating a lot of sugar (and sugar begets sugar -I really need to scale back pronto). No aversions either, as evidenced by the wide array of food being shoveled into my mouth on a daily basis.
What do you miss: I wish my stomach didn't always feel so full and stretched out. I know part of it is because I've been overeating and part of it is because I'm gaining weight too quickly, but it's a little uncomfortable. I wish I was sleeping better. I'm not waking up, but I know that I'm tossing and turning a lot more now.
Other: The strangest things give me heartburn -like water and oatmeal and my back/sciatica are (literally) a pain, but the past few weeks of pregnancy have been going really well for me and I'm just really trying to enjoy this pregnancy. I can't believe it's almost 2011 and in a few short months we'll be meeting the new addition to the family! Of course, the gratuitous belly shot -you can tell it's definitely grown since the last picture 2 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment