Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 21/22

Weight: I'm up another few pounds... I'm pushing +18/19 lbs, which means I'm gaining too quickly. I'm definitely overindulging in sweets/junk "because I can", but that also means I'm gaining a lot of extra weight. I figure I'm going to give myself until the new year and then cut back on the junk. I'll have an indulgent Christmas/NYE and then start eating like a regular person. I definitely don't need to be eating extra snacks and multiple servings of dessert every day.
Maternity clothes: I am getting bigger, but still in regular tops. Def. maternity pants and I'm starting to wear some maternity dresses, but I think they make me look bigger as they're probably made to accentuate the bump. It's kind of nice being able to stretch my wardrobe a bit, but it does make getting dressed in the morning a little bit harder.
Stretch marks: None
Baby Movement: Yup, definitely moving. Starting to get more regular and stronger, but haven't been able to see it yet from the outside -I think that's going to freaky!
Cravings/Aversions: None
What do you miss: Being able to open up my closet and throw anything on. Now I have to make sure I have layers on that are long enough for some of my sweaters and I have a limited number of pants I can wear.
Other: We got a carriage this past week (thanks mom and dad!) and are slowly starting to prepare for the baby. We still have a lot to do, but I figure after the new year would be a good time to start on that. For now we're just going to enjoy the holidays and the time we are going to be able to spend at home with our families.
This past week we had our level 2 ultrasound to check out baby G's organ development, spine and 2 vessel umbilical cord. Everything looks good for now and at this point they'll just monitor him to make sure he's growing correctly. My placenta is still low, but 95% of the time it moves before it's time for baby G to evacuate. So at this point there's nothing to do and I'll have another u/s around 28 weeks at my January appointment. I definitely grew this week and the belly is getting quite big.

No comments:

Post a Comment