Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 survey

This is the survey I did this to recap 2010, and I thought it would be fun to do it for 2011!

What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?I had a baby! You'll probably get bored of this answer as I will probably talk about it a lot (not that I don't already), but it was the biggest thing I did in 2011.
Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly didn't remember making resolutions last year, but lucky for me, I actually wrote them down (in this here blog), and I was somewhat successful. I am making resolutions for this year -I like to have goals for the year and I'll write about them later.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES! I did! and a bunch of my friends, including my best friend Lisa who gave birth to an adorable little girl Mabel in February.
Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, No.
What countries did you visit?
This year was pretty quiet in terms of international travel (due to that baby we had in April), but we went to Canada, but again, my husband is from there and his family is still there so that doesn't really count (and it's Canada, it's kind of like the 51st state, right?).
What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? 
I would like to feel more balanced -with work, life and family.
What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Obviously April 22 -my baby's birthday. July 29th -the day I went back to work and then baby's first holidays (Thanksgiving & Christmas)
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I had a baby -I'm not sure if that really qualifies as a big achievement, but I'm taking credit for having a pretty awesome baby.
What was your biggest failure?
Hmm, that's hard. I've spent some time worrying about things not in my control and I've let things overwhelm me and distract me from what is important.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, knock on wood I have had a healthy year.
What was the best thing you bought?
I can't even remember what I bought this year. 
Whose behavior merited celebration?
As always, my family and friends –they are all truly amazing.
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This is the same answer as last year: No one. I think I surround myself with good people and therefore no appalling or depressing behavior to worry about from them.
Where did most of your money go?
Food/eating out and of course, the baby (and baby related expenses).
What did you get really excited about?
Becoming a mom and creating this family. I think we're doing pretty well and it is only going to get better from here.
Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) happier
b) Thinner–by some miracle I have lost all my baby weight and then some. Now I'm just a few pounds away from my goal weight.
c) monetarily poorer, but in life, richer.
What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I kept in touch better with friends and family. Although I may not talk to or see them very often, I do think about them a lot. I wish I travelled more to see them because I do miss them a lot.
What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I worked less hours and stressed less about our fictitious family budget (stole that from last year's answer, but it's true and I'm sure 2012 is not going to ease the budget issues at all).
How did you spend Christmas?
This was the first year we didn't travel for Christmas. We stayed home and had some friends over for Christmas dinner. It was nice to be at home and relax, but not seeing everyone at Christmas was a little sad.
Did you fall in love in 2011?
Cue the cheesy music: I fell in love with Callan, fell more in love with Huge and with the family we've created together. 
What was your favorite TV program?
Let's see, this year my tv roster includes, the Real Housewives franchise (current fave is Beverly Hills), the Good Wife, NCIS and NCIS: LA (although they're kind of losing my interest), Parenthood, Suits (so good!) and most recently Game of Thrones.
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I can't really say I hate anyone. I think hating is a waste and if you really dislike someone that much, you shouldn't waste your time and energy on them.
What was the best book you read?
Yikes, I can't even remember what books I read this year. I swear I did read, but obviously nothing really amazing. 
What was your greatest musical discovery?
Music isn't my thing. I think my musical repertoire has been stalled since 2003.
What did you want and get?
A healthy baby.
What did you want and not get?
A get rich quick scheme or the ability to retire.
What was your favorite film of this year?
I just saw the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and loved it. I didn't see too many movies in the theaters this year (planning on changing that next year) and we didn't watch as many movies at home as we normally do.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I didn't do anything on my birthday. Huge was at a conference in Champagne-Urbana and Callan really dropped the ball and didn't remember to plan anything -he claimed he was just a baby, but I think that's no excuse!
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
2011 was a pretty great year for me. I'm sure there were some down moments, but I like to focus on the positives and I'm not really disappointed with the year. I guess if I worked less or had the ability to work normal hours, that would make my life more satisfying.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I'm going to say boring. I'm bored to tears at my wardrobe right now, but I'm not feeling overly inspired by what I see in the stores. I think I'm going to have to branch out from my Gap/BR/JCrew/Ann Taylor routine.
What kept you sane?
My husband, my family, my friends (who are my family) and my baby.
What political issue stirred you the most?
Not super political, so I'll pass on this.
Who did you miss?
I miss my friends who live far away and my family (who also live far away).
Who was the best new person you met?
Well the cop out answer is Callan. But I'll also say the Adams' -Shelby, Mike and Luke have made a great addition to our circle,
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
There is only so much you can control and instead of wallowing in self-pity it's more productive to come up with a plan for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment