Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby G update

This past Tuesday I had my 28/29 week doctor's appointment and another ultrasound to check on the growth of Baby G. Good news is that he's growing well and is currently in the 60th percentile clocking in at 2 lbs 14 oz and appropriately sized limbs. My doctor (and ultrasound tech) both pointed out that baby G's head is what was really pushing him up into the 60th percentile because his head is busting out in the 90th percentile! At the time of the appointment I was 28 weeks 5 days and his limbs were all measuring +/- 1 day... his head on the other hand was measuring 31 weeks! Ridiculous. I'm hoping that his head just went through a major growth spurt and will stop growing for a little while and let the rest of his body catch up because, otherwise, ouch!

But overall, I'm happy to hear that Baby G is doing ok in there. Assuming everything else goes smoothly, I don't have plan on an early 36 week eviction! All other factors we were watching seemed to have rectified themselves and we are good to go for April. We'll check again in March with another ultrasound to make sure he's still getting enough nutrients and oxygen, but I'm feeling pretty reassured that we can go full term.

In other news, Baby G's new trick is to squish up on one side and then try to kick my belly button out. It's pretty freaky to watch and even odder to feel. The other night he successfully was able to kick my belly button out, but once he relaxed and settled back in, so did my belly button. I know the day is coming closer where it's going to pop permanently, but I'm hoping to delay it a little bit longer. As he continues to get bigger I'm interested to see what other tricks he has up his sleeve!

No comments:

Post a Comment